Coaching the Analytical Mind: Best Practices of Fortune 500
Master best practices on coaching analytically minded clients from Fortune 500 firms taught by globally-renowned expert.
You’re struggling to connect with an analytically-minded client, and just don’t know what to do. The client is skeptical: pushing back against your efforts to help them solve problems, pulling back when you try to build trust, demanding hard data instead of your tried-and-true intuitions.
You’re worried that you’ll never be your best self with such analytically-minded clients, who often include CEOs, CFOs, engineers, doctors, lawyers, bankers, accountants, programmers, and so many others who come to us for coaching. Fortunately, behavioral science research on emotional and social intelligence can help you help them get the coaching support they need.
This course offers best practices and case studies on effective use of emotional and social intelligence-based strategies by a coach who has worked for over 20 years with executives from Fortune 500 companies as well as dozens of middle-market firms to empower the growth of analytically-minded people in ways that align with ICF Core Competencies. It provides you with clear take-aways to help you become an outstanding coach for such clients.
Core Competencies Covered in the Course
• Creating awareness in analytically-minded clients of their emotions and situations when their analytical mindset may be causing them problems
• Direct communication with analytically-minded clients, balancing hard data and research with than stories and questions
• Establishing trust and intimacy with the client, through using the kind of evidence that’s convincing to analytically-minded clients
• Active listening, to determine whether your analytical client’s learning style is deductive or inductive and targeting their specific information consumption needs
• Establishing the coaching agreement, focusing on preparing for the almost-inevitable conflicts and addressing emotions
That's what you can expect in this course: methods used successfully with analytically-minded clients at even the biggest companies, thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research, and featured in top media venues and best-selling books around the globe.
Course Content and Structure Overview
• The textbook for this course is my bestseller on decision-making and problem-solving for analytically-minded people, The Truth-Seeker’s Handbook: A Science-Based Guide. It is targeted at a broad readership, and the videos are specifically oriented toward applying the content in the book to the needs of coaches.
• The course is self-paced, consisting of 6 modules which the participants can complete any time they want, along with opportunities to ask me any questions on the modules.
• For each module, participants in the course will first read the book chapters. Then, participants will answer questions in the book chapters. Each chapter has references for additional readings that participants are invited to check out for additional context on any concepts about which they wish to learn more. Each set of readings and questions should take about 45-60 minutes.
• Next, participants will watch the 15-minute video which uses case studies to apply the content of the readings to real-life coaching scenarios targeting analytically-minded people.
• After each video, they should journal for 20-30 minutes about how they can apply the strategies described in the book and video to their coaching practice.
So why should you take my course rather than someone else’s course? Simply because this course provides unparalleled value. No one else comes even close to my level of credibility in the course topic:
• As a trainer for Fortune 500 companies
• As a behavioral scientist
• As a best-selling author
• As a globally-renowned thought leader
I look forward to welcoming you into the world of evidence-based, science-driven techniques tested in the real world of many Fortune 500 companies and numerous middle-market companies and startups. To ensure that you master how to coach analytically-minded clients using best practices from behavioral science tested in Fortune 500 companies, register now!
Who is this course for?
Coaches who want to dramatically improve their ability to coach analytically minded clients
- You need to trust best practices on coaching analytically minded clients from Fortune 500 companies and behavioral science-based findings over outdated advice such as “go with your gut”. You need to be committed to doing the exercises, since just watching the videos and reading the texts will not be enough to make the dramatic improvement you want for your coaching skills
Training 2 or more people?
Get your team access to 0 top CPDFormula courses anytime, anywhere.