This webinar will describe a unique Canadian tax incentive that provides significant tax benefits to individuals. The webinar will focus on flow-through shares issued by mining corporations. This webinar includes the Budget 2022 amendment for a Critical Mineral Exploration Tax Credit.
• Definition of a “flow-through share”, with tips and traps
• Tax attributes of flow-through shares for the individual investor
• An overview of the mining industry and the tax incentives
• Renunciation rules, along with tips and traps
• Benefits of typical flow-through shares and “Super flow-through shares”, and ways of evaluating the benefits, including:
• Calculating the “break-even sales price” of a Super flow-through share and a typical flow-through share
• Calculating the net cost of a Super flow-through share and a typical flow-through share in the different provinces and territories
• Purchasing a unit of a Flow-through Limited Partnership, with tips and traps
• Donations of flow-through shares to Registered Charities
• Strategies for seniors
• Risks and mitigation strategies
Flow-through shares provide significant tax benefits to individual investors who are in the highest marginal tax bracket and are looking for ways to reduce personal tax payable.
Training 2 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,169 top CPDFormula courses anytime, anywhere.