CPD Instructor Terms & Conditions
These Instructor Terms & Conditions were last updated November 5, 2017.
Any version of these Instructor Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
- Key Definitions
"Base Price" means the course price set by the Instructor within the Price Matrix.
"Base Currency" means the currency of the Base Price.
"Base Exchange Rate" means a system-wide rate used by CPDFormula for foreign currency conversion and does not include any fee or mark-up by CPDFormula. The rate is established using one or more third parties and is fixed periodically. Accordingly, the Base Exchange Rate may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect at the specific time a foreign currency conversion is processed.
"Gross Amount" means the amount actually received by CPDFormula for purchases by Students for Your Course. Please note that for mobile application sales, mobile platforms apply fees, such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
"Net Amount" means Gross Amount, less (1) Taxes (pursuant to section 11); (2) for web sales, a three percent (3%) administrative and handling fee, and (3) any amounts paid in connection with CPDFormula’s Marketing Programs if You choose to opt-in (as further described below).
"Price Matrix" means the table available in the Pricing and Promotion Policy which will provide the matrix of Base Prices available from which You can select the Base Price for Your Courses.
CPDFormula’s pricing and promotional policy and terms.
"Sale Price" means the actual sale price for the Course. When the Sale Currency is different from the Base Currency, CPDFormula will determine the Sale Price based on the applicable Base Exchange Rate.
"Sale Currency" means the currency of the sale. This is determined by the country of origin of the User purchasing the Course.
As an Instructor You are contracting directly with 2500577 Ontario Inc, O/A CPDFormula., an Ontario Corporation in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Additionally, although We may utilize other CPDFormula subsidiaries to facilitate Your payments, Your contract remains between You and 2500577 Ontario Inc.
- Your Relationship with Students
Instructors do not have a direct contractual relationship with Students. The only information You will receive about Students is what is provided to You through the Services (“Student Related Data”). You understand and agree that You will indemnify CPDFormula for any issues arising out of Your use of any Student Related Data.
As an Instructor, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You will visit CPDFormula.com and complete the Instructor profile and if You choose to charge fees for Your Courses, You will also need to agree again to the pricing terms which are presented to you during the paid Course creation process;
- You will be responsible for all of Your Submitted Content. You further agree that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and the authority to authorize CPDFormula, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of Your Submitted Content on and through the Services in the manner contemplated by these Instructor Terms;
- No Submitted Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services You offer on Your Course and through the Services;
- You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any User;
- You will not use the Services for any business other than for providing tutoring, teaching and instructional services to Students;
- You will not engage in any activity that will require CPDFormula to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with Company Content and/or the Services or operations thereof, except as permitted in these Instructor Terms;
- You will not frame or embed the Services in a manner to embed a free coupon version of your course or other similar functionality intended to circumvent the Services;
- You will not impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's Account;
- Your use of the Services are subject to CPDFormula's approval, which We may grant or deny in Our sole discretion;
- You will not introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Services or operation thereof; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services;
- You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or Courses;
- You will maintain accurate Account information;
- You shall respond promptly to Students and ensure a quality of service commensurate with the standards of Your industry and instruction services in general;
- You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and a third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these Instructor Terms, as well as all other of Our terms and policies as shall be posted on Our Services from time to time, and will assume responsibility and liability for Your performance and compliance hereunder.
- License to CPDFormula
You hereby agree that We may record all or any part of any Courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Services. You hereby grant CPDFormula permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
As an Instructor, You will be responsible for determining the Base Price You charge Students for Your Course(s) from the Price Matrix. You may select any increment as defined in the Price Tier Matrix by going to the Price Edit screen in your Instructor Account. You agree to charge only for Your own Submitted Content. You may not charge separately for any course add-ons such as downloadable PDFs or other content and services (such as providing a link to a third party service to sell downloadable PDFs). The Company will handle billing and other fee interaction with Students. When the Sale Currency is different than the Base Currency, CPDFormula will determine the Sale Price using the most recently published Price Matrix. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the Price Matrix at any time.
As part of Your participation on CPDFormula, You give Us permission to share Your Course, and information about You and the Course with CPDFormula employees and selected partners, for which You will not receive compensation.
CPDFormula offers certain programs that can help you market your Courses (“Marketing Programs”). Marketing Programs may include, but are not limited to, CPDFormula's Package Credits Program. The complete list and terms of the currently available Marketing Programs are available under our Pricing and Promotions Policy, which may be updated from time to time. If You choose to participate, the fee You receive from CPDFormula will be in accordance with the terms of the particular Marketing Program that applies to the sale of Your Course.
You acknowledge that the amounts paid by Students for Courses sold through Marketing Programs are not fixed, and CPDFormula has the sole discretion to determine those amounts and which Courses to offer as part of such Marketing Programs. Further, CPDFormula does not guarantee any minimum level of success in connection with the Marketing Programs, and its selection of Courses to include is not an endorsement of those Courses, or of You. If You do not wish to participate in certain Marketing Programs, log into Your Account and opt out of them.
You may be able to increase Your sales by promoting Your Courses by using a coupon code that You have created on CPDFormula. For additional information on Instructor created coupons please see Our Pricing and Promotions Policy.
If You do not opt into any of CPDFormula’s optional Marketing Programs, We will pay You a set amount fee of the Net Amount received for Your Course less any applicable deductions such as Student refunds (“Standard Fee Payments”). If CPDFormula changes the Standard Fee Share, we will provide you thirty (30) days notice via email or prominent notice on the Services.
So that Company can pay you in a timely manner, you must have a Bank account in good standing and keep CPDFormula apprised as to the correct email address associated with your Bank account. Payment will be made within forty-five (45) days of the end of the month in which the fee for a Course was received. You are responsible for providing Company with all identifying and tax information necessary for the payment of amounts due.
As an Instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a Canadian Company.
9 and 10 intentionally omitted.
You understand and agree that You are responsible for any taxes on Your income. We reserve the right to withhold payment if we do not receive proper tax documentation.
- Deletion of Your Account
If You wish to delete Your Instructor Account, please e-mail support@CPDFormula.com, and We will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to Your request within 24 business hours.
- Modifications to These Instructor Terms
From time to time, We may update these Instructor Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices, such as when We add new features, and CPDFormula reserves the right to modify and/or make changes to these Instructor Terms at any time. If We make any material change We will notify You using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in Your Account or by posting a notice on Our Services. Other modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. If You continue to use the Services, after the effective date of any change, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the Instructor Terms as changed. The revised Instructor Terms supersedes all previous Instructor Terms.